School counseling is in three domains:
- Personal / Social
Capacity Building Programme in Career Guidance
These services and programs help students resolve emotional, social or behavioral problems and help them develop a clearer focus or sense of direction.
Strategies and resources used in imparting career information like career talk, career quiz, career fair, individual projects, etc were discussed. A short discussion about career curriculum was taken up.
A lot of brainstorming was done through an activity on jobs seen in the community, their responsibilities duties and their working conditions to understand that what may look lucrative on the outside may be associated with a lot of challenges and long working hours. Dr. Rahul Raj emphasized that if teachers are equipped and updated, they will guide and mentor students and make them future ready.
THERE WILL BE NEVER ENDING OPPORTUNITIES TO INVENT
- Academic planning
- Behaviour management
- College/career awareness programs
- One-on-one parent conferencing
- Interpretation of assessment results
- Classroom guidance activities
- Behavioral management plans
- School-wide needs assessments
- Student data and results
- Student assistance team building
- Peer education and support
- Life skills & Leadership Development education
- Academic support
- Examination Planning