Image by gpointstudio on Freepik
In the quick-paced world of today, education is not just confined to textbooks and lecture halls. In addition to academic success, parents want their kids to succeed in all facets of life. At Milton Public School in Agra, we recognize the importance of extracurricular activities in a child’s overall development and take them seriously.
At Milton Public School, we think that a comprehensive education extends beyond the parameters of the curriculum. Our expertly chosen extracurricular activities or co-curricular activities are made to support kids in finding their passions, acquiring crucial life skills, and fostering a feeling of leadership and teamwork.
Read ahead to know the amazing co-curricular we offer for your child!
Top 11 Extracurricular Activities in School to shape your Child’s future
At Milton Public School, we think that participation in extracurricular activities is essential for developing a well-rounded person. These exercises not only improve academic learning but also help students build important character traits, values, and life skills. We are dedicated to offering a wide selection of extracurricular activities that are tailored to the interests and skills of your child.
Here are some of the top 10 extracurricular activities pursuits that our school offers to help your child develop:
Extracurricular Activities for Mental and Physical Fitness at Milton Public School
1. Sports and physical education:
- Our school offers a variety of sports to keep pupils physically active, from basketball and badminton to cricket and football.
- Sports participation promotes self-control, cooperation, and the value of leading a healthy lifestyle.
2. Music and the Performing Arts:
- Music and Dance or Drama are the most loved activities in schools.
- Through singing, dancing, and acting, students can express themselves creatively through our music and performing arts programs, which help kids feel more self-assured.
3. Debate and Public Speaking:
- We know that students who participate in debates and public speaking contests improve their communication abilities. Keeping this in mind Milton Public School, Agra organizes various such activities like debates, elocutions, and public speaking.
- We know that the art of public speaking should be instilled from a very early age; hence the school conducts’ Show n Tell ‘ activities at the pre-primary level.
- Students gain the ability to express themselves clearly and coherently.
4. Science and Math Quizzes and Brain Teasers:
- Our school provides groups and contests that foster curiosity and problem-solving abilities for aspiring scientists and mathematicians.
- These pursuits foster critical thinking and a love of STEM fields.
5. Art and Craft:
- Students can explore their artistic talents through the arts and crafts club, which also fosters creativity and attention to detail.
- Creativity knows no bounds at Milton Public School. Our art and craft workshops encourage students to unleash their artistic potential, fostering imagination, and nurturing fine motor skills.
6. Yoga and Mindfulness:
- Mental well-being is as important as being physically fit. These days students are so much stressed due to competitions, sports and various tasks they do. They need to get proper rest including peace of mind and soul.
- Our school encourages mental wellness through yoga and mindfulness classes, which improve focus and lower stress in the stressful environment we live in today.
Extracurricular Activities for Overall Development at Milton Public School
7. Computer and Technology:
- In a world that is becoming more and more digital, our technology clubs give members the chance to practice coding, programming, and problem-solving first-hand.
- Students acquire useful skills they can use later. Milton is planning to introduce Robotics soon.
8. Environmental and Social groups:
- Students can learn about the value of sustainability and volunteerism through environmental and social groups.
- These activities foster a sense of obligation to society and the environment.
9. Leadership and entrepreneurship:
- Entrepreneurship activities encourage innovation and a business attitude while leadership programs educate students on how to take the initiative and make appropriate judgments.
- At Milton Public School, we encourage our students toward entrepreneurship through various programs and mentors.
10. Career Guidance Workshops:
These days children can use their potential to pursue several career options of their choice and according to their ability. However, they need proper guidance as choosing the right career path can create brain fog. Clarity is important.
To assist students in determining their desired career pathways, we provide career guidance workshops. – Students gain useful knowledge about different careers and higher education alternatives.
11. Excursion And Trips:
The best way to learn is to explore more. To encourage such practical learning, the school organizes trips and excursions. These are the best ways to make the students familiar with our history, culture, and moral values.
Not just these at Milton Public School numerous activities and events take place throughout the year. Our extracurricular activities make us the best private CBSE school in Bodla, Agra.
The Bottom Line:
Learning other than studying is important and that’s where the role of extracurricular activities comes into the picture.
Since we at Milton Public School recognize that each child is unique, we have created a variety of extracurricular programs to suit their various talents and interests. We urge parents to support their kids’ involvement in these activities since they are essential in developing well-rounded people who are not just academically gifted but also socially conscious and emotionally strong.
In conclusion, Milton Public School’s dedication to holistic education extends beyond the classroom. We think that developing well-rounded individuals who are equipped to meet the challenges of the modern world with confidence and competence requires a balance between academics and extracurricular activities. At Milton Public School in Agra, come along on this path of academic and personal development.
Want to contact MPS for the Admission in session 2024-25?